Friday, April 6, 2007

Today, I felt Highly Favored

Yup, I really did. The day was gorgeous! I work in a call center and this week the company I work for was celebrating it's 35 year Anniversary. When things like this happen my dept can't usually attend because the phones are on. Our supervisor's put the names of everyone in my dept in a hat and drew out 3 of them. Those 3 would go to the employee party at the main Manufacturing center. Guess who's name was pulled? Uh, huh, das right! It really was a fun time. I spent the last 2 hours of work playing with some of my favorite coworkers that I only get to see a couple times a year. They gave away prizes, showed some WAY old employee video footage from back in the day. They even showed 2 of the owners when they made an appearance on the Oprah show with their family. Pretty fun stuff.

After work I went to visit a few friend of mine in the Salt Lake Area. There was a Birthday Party up in Mill Creek that was such great fun! But before that I had dinner with friend some mine who blew in from Hurricane Katrina. Can I mention they made me dinner? It's very rare that someone makes ME dinner, or anything for that matter :) Those types of things just don't happen to me. It's very rare that I'm blessed with that kind of service coming my way so when it does happen, I do feel highly favored. Their story, is one of epic proportions. The wife is getting baptized on the 28th of this month. Her story, is such that I can't even begin to describe the Lord's hand in her life. For me to try, would diminish it's value and sacredness. But I can tell you in the last week and a half, the veil of Heaven has been thin. And the things that have taken place I know cannot be shared carelessly and taken lightly. However, I can TESTIFY that in our Spiritual Hymn "A Spirit Of God" there is a verse that we sing, but we take too lightly. This is where I stand by my paragraph in Yesterday's blog..."Where are those who believe?"

With that I will leave you with a scripture, and the verse of a favored Hymn:
3 Nephi 24:1
1 And it came to pass that he commanded them that they should write the words which the Father had given unto Malachi, which he should tell unto them. And it came to pass that after they were written he expounded them. And these are the words which he did tell unto them, saying: Thus said the Father unto Malachi—Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me, and the Lord whom ye seek shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in; behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of Hosts.

"The Spirit of God"

1st Vs: The spirit of God like a fire is burning the latter day glory begins to come forth. The visions and blessings old are returning and Angels are coming to visit the earth...


With this being 2:00 am on Good Friday Morning, I really feel as if I'm going through a HOLY Week. Never before have I been so fully aware of what precious meaning tomorrow and Sunday means. Never before have I been so STUCK by the Love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has for EACH ONE OF US. I am in awe that I've been privileged to be part of experiences that I can hardly comprehend.

My peeps! LOOK FOR WAYS TO FEEL THE LORD'S HAND IN YOUR LIFE EVERY DAY.

Big Brother, Little Sister Moments

Big Brother, Little Sister Moments
Hand in Hand

*sigh*

*sigh*
I earned some temporary wings!