Thursday, April 19, 2007

SometimesThings Get Worse Before They Get Better


Every time you declare yourself something, everything unlike it shows up to test you. Why do you suppose that is? Does it seem to you that basically each time you decide you're going to do something for the better, all hell beaks loose to get in your way? This has been my experience the last week.
I've put a plan into action to "Get my house in order." No sooner than I start on phase one.....anything that can get in the way, has come to get in the way. I've been irritated, down right mad, angry and vicious. I warned people. I've even stayed away from answering my door, my phone, my texts, my emails because I KNOW that I'm residing on the edge of chewing somebody... any body's head. Why do you supposed life gets that way?

This is what I've come up with.
1. When you put yourself on the path for good and righteous things all hell DOES break loose. The Devil wants you for his own. So why wouldn't he do those things that would discourage you? And we know he's not a fair fighter. He will use whatever people, things, weaknesses you have to break you down and bring you back to his control.

2. When you declare to Heavenly Father that you are taking up with him, he wants to know you mean it. He wants to know you are serious. He want to know that no matter what obstacles will be in your way, that you are willing to work to get passed it, to do his will and his work. Isn't that what this earth life is all about? Loving the Lord enough to get through the obstacles and continue to honor him.

In Doctrine and Covenants 136: 31
My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I, e have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom.


These trial teach us just how serious we are. They show us how committed we are to our word. They let us know if we need more patience. More faith. More prayer. More resources. They allow us to flex our spiritual muscle and show us just where we really stand in our resolve. Since the beginning of time, man and woman has been tried, tempted and tested.

In Docrtine and Covenants 63:66:
These things remain to overcome through patience, that such may recieve a more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, other wise, a greater condemnation. Amen.


Shoot! When you think about it, it's a stinky deal. But that's ok. Even Christ, who was perfect was tempted so who are we to think we can get away without being tempted.

Sure it's frustrating and a royal pain in the squatter. But oh man, have you experienced the joy in overcoming such challenges? Isn't it such a great experience to know that you CAN overcome?
I like Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

I saw that scripture and thought... "where did that come from!"


"For I reckon that the SUFFERINGS OF THIS PRESENT TIME ARE NOT WORTHY to be COMPARED TO THE GLORY WHICH SHALL BE REVEALED WITHIN US."

WOW!
*wow*
can I say *WOW?*

Of course the Lord's people must be tried in all things. And if we endure it well, we will be crowned in much glory.


So here's to us! All of us who are feeling worked: Worked on, worked out, worked under and worked over. Hang in there and know that after much tribulation come the glory.
We're all in this together.

No comments:

Big Brother, Little Sister Moments

Big Brother, Little Sister Moments
Hand in Hand

*sigh*

*sigh*
I earned some temporary wings!